These no-bake, salty-sweet, bite-sized breakfast balls are great for eating on the go because they’re packed with energy and don’t crumble and leave a mess. They take minutes to mix and a couple more to shape, but if you make them a friends-and-family cooking project, the process can go even faster.
Feel free to experiment here. You can swap out the maple syrup for other syrups of choice or garnish with crushed nuts instead of drizzled dark chocolate for added texture.
You will need:
- 2 tsp of Hair Food – available here
- 2 cups of Oat Flour
- 4 tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup of Nut Butter
- ¼ cup of Plant Based Milk
- ¼ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pinch of salt
Combine your ingredients in a bowl. Once combined well, using a tbsp to measure, roll mixture into balls and place on a parchment-lined plate or tray.
To finish, select your preference:
- Melt dark chocolate chips and drizzle your desired amount of chocolate over oat bites and lightly dust with Hair Food
- Sprinkle and press in your choice of crushed nuts and lightly dust with Hair Food
To store (if they last that long), place your bites in a parchment-lined air tight container, keep in the fridge and consume within 2-3 days.
Apotecari’s Hair Food is a daily dose of three plant-based proteins, vegan collagen and antioxidants and delivers 25% of your Vitamin C RDI with each serve.
One of the other benefits of Hair Food is who can use it. Designed for the whole family, Hair Food the only hair supplement suitable for:
- all ages
- pregnancy and breastfeeding, supporting postpartum hair loss
- people who are taking medications or with medical conditions