Our take on the dessert synonymous with summer is full of health benefits, making ‘seconds’ a definite should.
Take advantage of the host of stone fruits and berries summer brings and get your creative genius on. The best part? This trifle is easy-to-make, looks great, and there are no hard or fast rules when it comes to styling – you could even get the kids involved in for some creative food fun!
What you’ll need:
Makes about 4 individual larger wine glasses
- 1 packet Sponge fingers broken into small pieces
- Hair Food yoghurt (combine 2 cups Greek or coconut yoghurt with 4 servings Hair Food – available here)
- 2 x Peaches sliced thinly and chopped to size (depending on your glass size)
- 1 cup Cherries chopped in quarters
- 250 ml Thick custard
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Fresh or thawed berries of choice
Mindful of single-serve options, style in tall cocktail glasses or stemless wine glasses for finesse.
In individual glasses, create the following layers:
Layer 1: Sponge finger pieces
Layer 2: Combine cinnamon with custard and cover sponges
Layer 3: Peaches
Layer 4: Hair Food yoghurt (use half)
Layer 5: Cherries
Layer 6: Hair Food yoghurt (remaining)
Layer 7: Fresh berries
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips and special offers in your inbox. Sign-up link in our bio.