What are your hair goals? Most people want longer, stronger, healthier hair, and sadly turning a mamed mane into luscious locks can’t happen overnight. There are a few things you need to take into consideration. Growing your hair out can be a bit of a process; everyday care and nutrition play an important part in producing strong and healthy hair.
The condition of your hair not only gives us insight into how well (or poorly!) you treat it but also gives us clues about your overall health. The reality is you only get out what you put in with anything in life, so why treat your hair any differently? Consistent care from the inside out along with daily hair maintenance will help support your hair goals.
At Apotecari bioactive hair care HQ we have set ourselves some hair goals. Reason being is everybody at some time takes their hair for granted. Being a team of hair lovers, and working in the hair industry, our hair is far more precious than the average person and we’re all conscious that once the damage is done, it’s irreversible.
After some animated debating, we have all agreed on a few nutritional and lifestyle goals to help us achieve our most lusted-after hair goals. We are starting from the inside out as healthy hair begins with our diet and lifestyle.
1. Eat a variety of vegetables, nuts and seeds- by including a variety of nutritionally dense food you are providing your body the micronutrients that your hair needs for growth and strength, like B vitamins and antioxidants.
2. Drink more water – staying hydrated helps your body function better.
3. Look after your gut health – eating food the way nature intended means your body will digest and absorb nutrients more efficiently.
4. Eat quality protein – whether you eat meat or are vegetarian, protein contains amino acids which support healthy hair growth.
5. If you’re concerned about getting the right nutrients in through your diet, invest in a targeted hair supplement
6. Include good fats in your diet – oily fish, avocado, extra virgin olive oil contain omega 3 and fat soluble vitamins that can help support shiny, healthy hair.
7. Weekly treatments – this can be done at home or at the salon. Prevention is key when it comes to treated hair.
8. Regular haircuts – keeping up to date with your haircuts can prevent the hair from further damage by split ends extending up the hair shaft.
9. Give your hair a break – don’t over wash or style your hair every day.
10. Use products that are suited for your hair type – everyone has different hair types so it’s important to find products that are right for you. A good shampoo and conditioner can prolong time between washes and help with styling. Chat with your stylist for advice about at-home hair care which is best suited to your hair condition.
So, what are your hair goals, and how are you going to achieve them in 2018?
Lots of love,