These easy 6 ingredient hair-loving muesli bars are a breeze to make, oven-free and perfect to grab-and-go during the week
6-Ingredient Hair Food Muesli Bars
(Recipe adapted from @minimalistbaker)
Servings (bars): 10
Dietary information: Vegan, gluten free
Freezer friendly: 1 month
Storage: 3-4 days
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey/agave syrup)
- 1/4 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten free, rolled oats
- 3 servings Hair Food (18g)
- Optional: Chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, banana chips
– Blend dates to a paste using blender or food processor. If using dried dates, soak and drain before blending
– Place oats, sunflower seeds, Hair Food and dates in a large mixing bowl and set aside
– Warm maple syrup and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Pour over the oat mixture and mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout
– Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to a 20 x 20 baking dish or other small pan lined with baking paper
– Press down firmly and smooth top with the back of a spoon or spatula
– Cover with a tea towel or beeswax wrap and let firm up in the fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes
– Remove bars from dish and slice into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or freeze for up to 1 month.
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips and special offers in your inbox. Sign-up here.